Monday, August 8, 2011

Preview!

I have been working hard (ok, that's a lie) to get the house ready for DH and I to go back to work.  That includes putting the finishing touches on my homemade chalkboard!  I bought the the trim, sprayed it with Krylon's Indoor/Outdoor spray paint, painted the board with chalkboard paint ($4 clearance!) and assembled it with Gorilla Glue.  Now all I have left is to finish my grid for my calendar.

Let me just say a little a little something about Krylon's spray paint:
  1. Don't try to self check out at Walmart with it.  Duh!! 
  2. Their cans now come with a EZ Touch 360°™ Dial Spray Tip.  Heavenly!  Just twist the white nozzle to make spraying at difficult angles a million times easier. 
  3. Krylon makes the most beautiful colors!  I had a hard time just buying one.  (I did grab a couple of cans on clearance recently --I couldn't resist!)
  4. I sprayed the frame and 30 mins later toted it home in my car without a smudge!  Their 10 minute or less drying time is pretty spot on!
  5. Sometimes I'm a genius.  On the back of the chalkboard I wrote,  "Krylon, Blue Ocean Breeze, Gloss," so I could remember what to touch it up with if the need arose or if I wanted to use the same color on another piece.  Pretty sweet tip, no?
I found that the further back I stayed when spraying the more even the paint went on.  I had no drips or pools.

One more thing...

Out of curiosity does any woman in their right mind really need a reminder for this?:

I know, I know, that was random.

No comments:

Post a Comment