Sunday, October 28, 2012

Vampire Pumpkin

Martha Stewart made this look so easy.


Martha Stewart is a liar.

Here's how it really went down:

Get a pumpkin, some needles with the little balls on the end (they probably have an official name -not gonna look it up) and some vampire teeth.  Oh, and some toothpicks and a hot glue gun and glue sticks.  And something to cut the pumpkin (knife) and dig out the guts (spoon).

(Martha has a template for cutting the hole for teeth but I decided I wasn't going to waste time with printing and cutting paper.)

Mark the width of the teeth by setting them on the pumpkin and making a slit on both sides.

Guesstimate the height.

Start cutting.  You'll have to clear out some of the insides but I didn't by any means get all the guts out.

I'm sure Martha's way was fool proof but I had to cut and recut to get the fit I wanted.  Leaving the teeth open is cuter.

I used a bit of hot glue and a couple of toothpicks to help them sit just right.

*Note:  hot glue does not stick to pumpkins.  But, it does help to make them fit a bit better.

There you have it.  The Ghetto Guide to a Vampire Pumpkin!

Happy Halloween!!

No comments:

Post a Comment