Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Hello, I'm addicted to Pinterest.

I've had a couple of requests to pin some projects I've completed but I thought I would share them with you first. 

I recently pinned a photo of a framed house key. Here is my take on that:

"What was once a house is now a home."
I like it, but I'm not pleased with the lettering being clouded by the darkness of the paper behind it. It'll do for now until I feel like changing it. :) 

Here's how: I found a couple of yellowed sheets of paper and taped them to a piece of cardboard that I cut to fit to my frame. Then I used my the cartridge "Calligraphy Collection" on my Cricut to cut out the letters and the the sea green frame.

Tip time!  I used Cricut Craftroom to layout the lettering.  Then, once cut, I peeled off the excess paper and gently pressed on  painters tape to the row of words.  Next, I made sure each letter was just where I wanted it, put glue on the back of the letters and viola! it was ready to stick.

Afterwards I Modge Podged it to make sure each letter stuck and to give it a bit of a shine.  Thick glue dots made the key stand out from the paper and there you have it!

To finish up this post, I'll leave you with a photo that I have waited all year to take.  These birds only hang out on this sign when it's blustery outside.  I finally found them on a cold day and got this shot:
Keep your friends close this holiday season.  


~M&E

No comments:

Post a Comment